Sunday, January 6, 2008

Homo or Hetero.......yep, I'ma gonna go there.....

Alright, for blog #3 I am taking on something just a "wee bit" controversial. If you are afraid I will be stepping on your toes, than put on your steel toed boots! Here we go, kids!

Back in March of last year, one of my good friends blogged about "does God love gay ppl?" and wow did she get a TON of feedback! From both ends of the spectrum. Some ppl were very open with their responses while others stayed completely closed minded. There were several who quoted scriptures as to why gays and lesbians are wanted/unwanted in today's church. In fact, I just went back and "dug" through her archives and she has 80 (yes, eighty) comments!

The purpose of my blog is not about if God loves those who choose this lifestyle, but rather of something more profound. Being a Christian, I know that God loves ALL of us. He sent his son to Earth for the sole purpose of saving us from ourselves, providing us a choice of where we will be spending our eternity. Our lives here are just a mere drop in the bucket compared to our eternal ones.

Now I cannot say that I find these forms of alternate lifestyles acceptable. I do not know what I would ever do if one of my girls decided to be a lesbian or even a bisexual. I know I strive my best to deeply plant the word of God into their souls. To teach them what is right in the eyes of our Lord and saviour.

This is not to say that I don't have friends who are gay, lesbian and/or bisexual. I do. And I was their friend before they "came out" (which as a side note, is really a funny expression, don't ya think??) and I will still be their friend now. WHY? Because that is exactly what Jesus did! He was friends with the prostitutes, the sinners......the unloved, the unwanted.....the dirty, the unpopular......need I go on? Where in the Bible do you see Jesus in mansions and amoung kings/queens? NOWHERE....He came to seek and save that which was lost.

What does bother me is this: I have known at least three CHRISTIANS who have left their spouses (note : spouse = person of the opposite sex) for a same sex relationship! And one of them has even testified in the past about how she used to be a part of the lesbian/bisexual crowd and that the Lord saved her from the "pit of sin" she had fallen into and brought her into "the light". She was happily married for a decade and produced three of the most gorgeous children this Earth has ever seen.......now she is once again a practicing lesbian. She talks of this as if it is totally acceptable. Am I still her friend? yes....I just pray for her a little bit harder than I used to.

My point is - if my heart hurts over this, can you imagine what our heavenly Father's feels like?
I know the pain I feel when my girls know what is expected of them and yet they knowingly do the opposite. Can you see where I am going with this? Do you think that God sits up there on his throne in heaven just shaking his head.......holding his head in his hands, so to speak...asking himself "where did I go wrong with this one??"

I love my friend and I hope if she reads this she isn't offended. But you know what? I am tired of worrying about offending people, especially those who know the truth and still choose to ignore it out of thier own selfishness.

I think it is exactly this behavior that ruins our reputation as Christians. The world looks at us a little bit more skeptical. Like we are supposed to be "perfect" or close to it. So it is almost like you are running for President or something the way they hunt and peck, searching to find a fault in your life. Now whomever my friend has reached out to in the past will be doubting her every word. Why? Because she is not practicing what she preaches. She is succumbing to the desires of her flesh. And then comes the question of what kind of example is she setting for her children?.......

I know that I am not perfect, by all means I am not perfect. The Bible does say that whoever is without sin, cast the first stone. I am not casting, not screaming "REPENT, SINNERS!" But this has been weighing so heavily on my heart for months now and I just felt so strongly about getting it down on "paper" because it is a reflection of what I think my God feels.

1 comment:

not just a mom said...

Here, Here, Marietta! Agree whole-heartedly! Adding to your blog, I hate the fact that people actually are justifying their sin by legislating it! They put this "hate crimes" bill together and on the surface sounds great, I definately oppose hurting someone intentionally just because they may be homosexual or whatever (I hate the term "gay" because it used to mean happy, amusing and homosexual people have totally twisted that word) BUT in that hate crimes bill, it talks to people like yourself that stand up and say what the Bible says, plainly that homosexuals WILL NOT ENTER HEAVEN, and say that we "hate THEM" and slap a fine or worse on US! I don't HATE the people! I don't keep them from heaven, THEIR actions keep them from heaven. I should not go to jail or be fined for saying so. What I do hate is the legislating and justifying of SIN. And that SIN would be protected by law and like it is a minority group! I don't think so!!