Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why should I feel guilty?

A few weeks ago my In Law's came down from Indiana for a long weekend. Promptly after hugging all the girls, my Father in Law exclaims "well, everyone is old enough to go to school next year, so that way your Mom can go out and get herself a job!"

EXCUSE ME....WHAT?!

I was so offended. Now, he has repeatedly offended me over the years when he degrades Teachers and complains about how useless we are. Doesn't he realize that is where I met his son in the first place? That if I wasn't going to College to be a Teacher, we never would have met and he wouldn't have these beautiful Grandkids in the first place??

This one statement set the tone for their entire visit. In fact, it still bothers me today. It is our choice to homeschool. Mine and Jim's. Are there days where I wish I was part of the public work force? I'm not going to lie, yes there are, but MONEY isn't everything.

And if he would step back, shut is yapper and think, our girls are so much better off then they were a year ago. Everyone is healthy, happy and wise. Why mess with that! SHEESH!!

1 comment:

Moonflower's Meanderings said...

You are doing a wonderful job and I am extremely proud of you. You showed more restraint during that moment than I would have . I would've had something sarcastic and "witty" to say to that comment. I am shy for the most part...but I always stand my ground emphatically if lines are crossed...just ask my husband, my boss, oh yeah...and my inlaws.