Saturday, March 8, 2008

Getting a jump on Spring!


Last week I was browsing in the Lawn and Garden Department at Wal Mart. To be quite honest, I was looking for porch furniture....just don't anyone tell the hubby, at least not yet, he has to think it was his idea in order to buy it! lol....

Anyhow, I was so overwhelmed with all the "simple" ways to start any kind of gardens or potted plants that you could imagine. The girls and I decided to plant some flowers and watch them, thinking we could use it as a Science experiment. You see, I don't do too bad with things OUTDOORS, but inside - well, let's just say my green thumb is more black than anything!

We kept changing our minds. I have always adored wildflowers, there is nothing like them for me in the entire world. They are the picture of innocence and beauty all wrapped in one! So when I saw a boxed kit for a potted butterfly garden, I was "hooked".

It was the best purchase for only $5. When we got our treasure chest home, we were thrilled to see all that was inside. We didn't need to add anything but water and love. So we did just that, a week ago Friday. By the way, the girls have named it "Johnny Smith Appleseed". And I have found them singing to it at least a dozen times a day. The seeds sprouted within three days. I am thinking we will have some flowers before the end of March. :)

No comments: